a red-hot angle to come?One thing we do know is a surprise appearance at SummerSlam in Brooklyn, New Y | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wangzonghui Aug 13
SEATTLE - Eddie Johnson scored twice, including the winner early in the 62nd minute, and the Seattle Sounders ended FC Dallas nine-game unbeaten streak in MLS play with a 4-2 victory Saturday night. Cheap Padres Jerseys Authentic . Johnsons second goal of the game and fourth this season came just one minute after Dallas completed a comeback from a 2-0 deficit when Michel drilled a corner kick from the right side into the upper left roof of the Seattle net to tie it. The Sounders (4-3-3) stretched their unbeaten streak to six games (4-0-2) after a franchise-worst 0-3-1 start. "For the first couple games of the season, my body was beat up, and it was frustrating, because there was a time that as a team, we faced a really difficult challenge," Johnson said. "But it was just getting that rhythm and getting that confidence, and staying true to myself and believing in my teammates." League-leading Dallas (7-2-3) hadnt lost since a 3-1 setback at Chivas USA on March 10 in the second game of the season. "You never want to squander a two-goal lead, but we knew they were dangerous on set pieces," Sounders coach Sigi Schmid said. "The timeliness of our third goal was vital, and we continued to get opportunities." Johnson put the Sounders on the board in the 16th and Lamar Neagle made it 2-0 in the 30th. Second-half substitute Obafemi Martins added an insurance goal in the 83rd minute as Seattle racked up four goals for the second straight game. Johnsons winner was set up by Lamar Neagle, who sent a through ball toward the top of the penalty area. Johnson took it around onrushing goalkeeper Raul Fernandez and, from 10 yards in front of the net on the right side, sent a shot across the goalmouth and into the far side of the net. "We had opportunities in the first half, but we just had to be more composed, show more composure in the box when we got our chances, and stick the ball in the back of the net," Johnson said. "We got the chance in the second half, and Oba and myself, we made it count." Kenny Cooper got one back for Dallas early in the 54th before Michels equalizer in the 61st. "Being able to measure ourselves against the first-place team in our conference is important," Schmid said. "Being able to show that once all of our weapons are healthy we can score goals is important, as well." Midfielder Osvaldo Alsono set up Johnsons first goal on a counterattack. Johnson took the long pass from Alonso, went into the penalty area and fired into the back centre of the net from 16 yards in front, getting his shot past onrushing defender Matt Hedges. That was just the second time in 12 games this season that Dallas has allowed a first-half goal. Neagle scored on a wide-open breakaway 14 minutes later after taking a through-ball from Brad Evans. FC Dallas cut it to 2-1 when Cooper, playing near the penalty spot, headed in a free kick that Michel drove into the box from 40 yards out. Michels dramatic game-tying goal came on a corner from the right side that went just over the outstretched fingers of Sounders keeper Michael Gspurning. "They created a lot of chances, a lot of breakaways, a lot of counterattacks," Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman said. "It seemed like the only time Seattle really put their foot on the ball is when we were down a man. The rest of the time, it was very fast-paced. I think probably the bigger thing that mattered was I think our guys lost their composure and emotions when they considered some of the calls that werent being made, and then, youre just disappointed." Cheap MLB Jerseys. The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year.  "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and good things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. http://www.cheappadresjerseys.com/ . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor used his mouth last week to offend a whole new group of potential opponents -- the entirety of the WWE roster. The question that remains is whether all of us were the ones being worked, or if McGregor was firing off the first thing that came to his mind.McGregor, who is closing in on a much-anticipated welterweight rematch against Nate Diaz on Aug. 20, fielded questions on a UFC 202 media conference call last Friday. He was asked whether he, like Brock Lesnar, envisioned a future in which he might jump back and forth between the UFC and WWE.It took nothing short of a few seconds for his response to light up social media.I havent really thought about it, McGregor said. For the most part, those WWE guys are p---ies, to be honest. They are master p---ies, if you ask me. I mean, full credit to Brock, he got into a fight. But at the end of the day, hes juiced up to his f---ing eyeballs. How can I respect that?And the other guy [CM Punk], he hasnt fought yet. So I dont know about him yet. There are some dons in that wrestling game. The McMahons, they are dons. Triple H is a don, The Rock is a don. But the rest of them are p---ies. Thats a little bit more show business. This is the fight business.McGregor, 28, didnt stop there. He went on to tweet an apology to WWE fans, but a backhanded one at best, as he took yet another shot at the roster of superstars.I didnt mean no disrespect to the @wwe fans. What I meant to say was that Id slap the head off your entire roster. And twice on Sundays.- Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) August 7, 2016The result was an expected one, as a number of current and former WWE superstars came out in force against him with a deluge of tweets.Would you prefer to find us individually or have us all line up at once? I know your time is valuable, sir. https://t.co/XPnKhWAlza- ShinigamE (@WWEBigE) August 7, 2016Your the size of my leg. Shut up. https://t.co/fBVEdf8hE1- Roman Reigns (@WWERomanReigns) August 7, 2016Coming from a guy who built a career copying my persona, I expected the type of class we get from Ronda or Anderson. pic.twitter.com/iVoC0Xva5g- Ric Flair? (@RicFlairNatrBoy) August 7, 2016I think McGregor could do well in the featherweight division......if the WWE had one. https://t.co/90XGpSICS9- AJStyles.Org (@AJStylesOrg) August 7, 2016While the aftermath of McGregors words was fun while it lasted, smart fans of WWE quickly circled back to the original question.Had McGregor, just three years after making his UFC debut and skyrocketing to worldwide fame, taken a page from the scripted world of pro wrestling by drumming up a false beef? Or taking it even further, was this the beginning of a tease toward a future leap into the squared circle?The answer could very likely be yes to both. McGregor is a genius marketer who sees his star extending way beyond the walls of the UFC Octagon. He also has a recent history of pulling this exact type of stunt, having done so just four months ago.Unhappy with being asked to fly from his training camp in Iceland to Las Vegas to promote a UFC 200 main event slot, McGregor took the sporting world hostage on April 19 with a simple tweet teasing that he was williing to walk away from the sport. Wholesale Padres Jerseys. I have decided to retire young. Thanks for the cheese. Catch yas later.- Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 19, 2016While McGregor was pulled from the card as punishment, he was smart enough to prevent his name from ever leaving the headlines over the next few months. He did so by constantly teasing the idea of a real boxing match against retired champion Floyd Mayweather despite still being under contract with the UFC.McGregor is crazy enough -- and the potential for a life-altering payday large enough -- that his intentions to make the fight were likely very real. Even if thats untrue, he used the attention and nonstop media spin (to the point of nausea) as a means to further extend his brand into new fan bases.Its very likely he is attempting to do the same with WWE. Not to mention, it would be hard to believe McGregor would have a beef with WWE superstars in general -- not only because hes a smart enough businessman, but because of a brief moment in the aftermath of his infamous retirement tweet.WWE superstar Becky Lynch, who like McGregor is a native of Ireland, tweeted back to him in April with the simple hashtag message of #ComeJoinMeBro. Shortly after, McGregor followed the Twitter accounts of Lynch and WWE executives Stephanie McMahon, Triple H and Shane McMahon, fueling speculation that an alternate career path in WWE could be in the cards should his UFC retirement hoax turn legitimate..@TheNotoriousMMA #ComeJoinMeBro- Becky Lynch (@BeckyLynchWWE) April 19, 2016If youre looking to spin the idea of a conspiracy theory even further, consider this.Its unlikely that Lesnar, under contract with the WWE, was allowed to make his one-off return at UFC 200 without WWE chairman Vince McMahon getting something large in return. McMahon, like McGregor, is too good of a businessman for anything this significant to be done in charity, especially considering the gamble WWE was taking ahead of SummerSlam (and the negative press it ultimately endured following Lesnars pair of doping violations).Initially, it was assumed the compensation that WWE was presumed to receive was monetary, which made sense when a trio of SummerSlam commercials ran during the UFC 200 broadcast. But what if the services of Lesnar were traded to the UFC in exchange for the use of a star fighter in the future?The WWE created crossover headlines when former UFC champion Ronda Rousey appeared in a memorable skit at WrestleMania 31 in 2015. Will McGregor become the next to follow suit -- presumably at WrestleMania 33 next April -- with his recent remarks planting the seed for a red-hot angle to come?One thing we do know is a surprise appearance at SummerSlam in Brooklyn, New York, one night after McGregors career-defining rematch with Diaz in Las Vegas, is most likely out of the question. But the sooner we come to the conclusion that were all being worked, and allow ourselves to submit to the necessary suspension of disbelief that comes with being a fan of pro wrestling, the easier it is to realize that anything is possible. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '